Next Generation 9-1-1 Institute Elects New Board Of Directors
The Next Generation Institute (NG9-1-1 Institute) announced the results of its 2012 election for six seats on the organization’s Board of Directors. The organization, which has more than 1,500 members nationwide, holds an annual election for representatives from public safety, industry, and non-profit representatives.
The NG9-1-1 Institute membership elected the following six individuals to the Board of Directors:
- John Chiaramonte of Leesburg, VA, Lead Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton, representing the Member at Large position;
- Jerry Eisner of Chicago, IL, Group Director of Public Safety, RedSky Technologies Inc., representing the Vendor/Integrator/Software position;
- Woody Glover of Covington, LA, Director, St. Tammany Parish Communications District, representing the Member at Large-Public Safety position;
- Todd Piett of Framingham, MA, Chief Product Officer, Rave Mobile Safety / Smart911, representing the Vendor/Integrator/Software position;
- Art Prest of Potomac, MD, Managing Director, Art Prest & Associates, representing the Small Telecommunications position; and
- Alisa Simmons of Fort Worth, TX, Marketing and Communications Manager, Tarrant County 9-1-1 District, representing the Education Professional position.
The newly elected Board members will join the following Directors of the NG9-1-1 Board:
- Angel Arocho of Philadelphia, PA; Director, Emergency Services Program of Comcast, representing the IP-Enabled Representative position;
- Jim Bugel of Washington, DC; Assistant Vice President, Public Safety and Homeland Security of AT&T Services, Inc., representing the Large Telecommunications Carrier position;
- Brian Fontes of Alexandria, VA; CEO of the National Emergency Number Association;
- Jim Nixon of Kissimmee, FL; Director, National 911 Policy of T-Mobile USA, representing the Wireless Carrier position;
- Glenn Roach of Austin, TX; Owner and CEO, Emergency Public Safety Communications, representing the Member at Large position;
- Gregory Rohde of Washington, DC; Executive Director of the NG9-1-1 Institute;
- Jim Shepard of Overland Park, KS; Vice President of Product Evolution, 911 Datamaster, Inc., representing the Member at Large position;
- Richard Taylor of New Bern, NC; President of NASNA; and Executive Director North Carolina 911 Board. Chairman of the NG9-1-1 Institute.
- Stephen J. Wisely of Daytona Beach, FL; Director, Comm Center & 9-1-1 Services Department, APCO International.
Gregory Rohde, Executive Director of the NG9-1-1 Institute stated, “The NG9-1-1 Institute Board of Directors reflects a broad diversity of stakeholders in the emergency communications sector. This diversity is what strengthens our organization to play an import role to advance emergency communications issues at the national level.”
About the NG9-1-1 Institute
The NG9-1-1 Institute (www.e911institute.org) is a not-for-profit organization, which supports the mission of the Congressional NG9-1-1 Caucus. The purpose of the NG9-1-1 Institute is to promote public education and awareness of NG9-1-1 and emergency communications issues and serve the Congressional NG9-1-1 Caucus as a clearinghouse of information on NG9-1-1 and emergency communications issues. Gregory L. Rohde, former Administrator of the National Telecommunications and Information Administration, serves as the NG9-1-1 Institute’s Executive Director. Carla A. Anderson services as the Deputy Executive Director. The Congressional NG9-1-1 Caucus is co-chaired by: Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Senator Richard Burr (R-NC), Representative Anna Eshoo (D-CA), and Representative John Shimkus (R-IL).
Tags: Smart911 Press Release